Jon left on Tuesday for a scout outing. They were going to West Clear Creek and were suppose to be gone until Saturday afternoon. There is no cell phone reception down there and that is the longest we have gone without communication! This made me a little nervous! Well, Friday I was taking a nap because the kids and I had been out in the pool for about 2 hours! I had a dream that Jon called and told me they were coming home early. Then, the phone woke me up and it was Jon! I got so excited I didn't even think anything could be wrong! He told me he was hiking through the river bottom where it was very thick brush. He had just taken his shades off when a tree branch poked him straight in the eye! He told me he was on his way to Payson Hospital to have it checked out. One of the Priests was driving his truck and I needed to find a way to get up there to drive Jon home. A member of the Bishopric was going up so he could pick up Braiden and take him back to the outing. I called Jon's mom and she agreed to come watch the kids while Jon's step dad drove me to Payson. (We are so grateful to both of them for helping!) Once we got there I headed back to see Jon...he didn't look so good! His eye was really red and you could see where stick had hit it! OUCH! We waited for almost 2 hours after I go there until the doctor came in and looked at it and cleaned it out. He has 2 corneal abrasions, but luckily they are not serious. He just has to put ointment on it for about a week. They did not give him a patch, but he was tempted to go buy a pirate one to wear to church on Sunday! :) But, he has been keeping that eye closed all weekend and so he was called "One Eyed Willy"!I think he had a good Father's Day. The kids were so excited that it was Father's Day and then Daddy's birthday! They gave him a digital frame so he could take it to work and put it on his desk. I gave him a new dress shirt to wear to the Awards Banquet next week. On Sunday I asked him if he really wanted me to attempt to make him breakfast, or if he would just be happier eating something he made himself! He asked me to make waffles, which turned out pretty good! He helped me with dinner, but I stilled tried! He also was called to be the 1st counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency on Sunday. He will miss Young Men's but is ready to take on a new challenge and he is excited about the people he will be working with.
On Monday we took him out to dinner at the Keg for his birthday. The kids gave him the Indiana Jones dvd's and I bought him a new watch. He has been asking for Nixon watch for a very long time and I decide he finally deserved it! It was a birthday /congratulations present! I was worried he may not like the one I picked out, but he loved it!
3 comments:
I dread getting those phone calls! Especially when they are far away. Thank goodness he is ok!!! I tagged you, by the way...look on my blog for directions!--Lucy
What a pretty blog! I did see him "winking" on Sunday :) I'm glad everything was ok.
Nielsons is my favorite, yummy.
holy crap! I'm glad Jon is ok!!!!! Although I would have made him wear a pirate patch, personally! & then slipped a parrot on his shoulder near the bad eye when he wasn't looking! jk!
Post a Comment