Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Our Last Day
Our last day in Hershey we actually slept in until 8:30am. Which really isn't sleeping in if you go by AZ time. That meant 5:30am. But, it felt like we slept in! We had breakfast and then headed off to Hershey Park. Jon was not feeling well, so I was left to ride their new ride, Fahrenheit, all by myself! It was petty fun, but not like rides at Magic Mountain! They had a single rider line, so I only had to wait 10 minutes instead of an hour. The water park was fun. They had some pretty crazy slides. The picture below shows East Coast Water Works. It is a giant structure with water slides, hoses, tipping buckets and everything water. We went into it and ended up getting so cold waiting for the slide on top that we worked our way back down! The kids would have loved it though! After the water park we went to the gardens at the hotel. They were beautiful! There was also a butterfly house that we walked through and saw some amazing butterflies that I had never seen before. Jon quickly became obsessed with taking pictures of butterflies and flowers. I have only posted a few here (we have about 30!). It was gorgeous there, and I loved smelling each of the different roses. To end our trip, I had probably one of my most embarrassing moments ever! When we got to the airport in Harrisburg they told us our flight was delayed by just over an hour. Well, that would make us miss our connecting flight in Chicago. So they told us to hurry fast through security and they would rush our bags to the plane and we could fly out on a flight leaving right then. We were going as fast as we could and as we were getting on the airplane, I was digging in my bag trying to get my book out and was not paying attention to my walking! Next thing I know I trip onto the plane and fall into the fight attendant, first down to my knees and then all the way down to my face! I could feel tears welling up, not from pain, but only from embarrassment! Jon and I did not have seats together, so I went to find my seat and the seat next to me was not taken. So, Jon moved all his stuff from where he was, in a middle seat, and came to sit next to me on an aisle seat. As soon as he did that, the guy in that seat showed up! So, Jon moved back to his seat with all of his stuff. The people on the flight were not happy with us anyway, because they had to wait for us to get on the plane. So, you think "I'll never see these people again and they will forget about it by the time we get to Chicago." Not true! When we got to Chicago, Jon was waiting for me outside the bathroom when he heard 2 people from our flight talking about how "comedic" we were with me falling and us trying to move seats around. I'm glad we were able to entertain everyone! So embarrassing! But, overall we had a really great trip!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like you guys had a really good time! It's nice to be able to get away!
Post a Comment