Sunday, March 15, 2009
It All Came Back to Me!
I am now a firm believer in all the fire safety drills they used to make you do in school! (Not that I wasn't before!) Here I am being vulnerable in this post and exposing something very stupid that I did (after swearing Jon to secrecy about the whole ordeal)! Yesterday I decided to cook a couple of tortillas on the stove. I love the uncooked tortillas from Cost-Co and I skipped lunch to take Emma to a birthday party. Well, I have made these a hundred times and we have had our gas stove for over 3 years now. So, there I was in a somewhat loose and flowy shirt cooking my tortilla. I reached up in the cupboard just to the left of the stove where we keep our paper plates. A few seconds later I smell something burning. I start looking around and all I remember is screaming, "Oh my gosh...I'm on fire!" Jon and Emma were both in the room. I'm not sure what they did because all that was going through my head was "Stop, drop and roll"! OK, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but the thought did cross my mind! But luckily all I did was grab a kitchen towel and put my shirt out. It caught fire pretty good! I was freaking out a little at the thought of how it could have been a lot worse. My hands were shaking like crazy after the whole ordeal. Thank goodness all I lost was a shirt, because it could have been bad! Moral of the story...don't wear loose clothing when cooking on a gas stove! Or, just be more careful around fire (unlike me)! :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yikes girl!!!
OMG...Wow! That is so scary! I'm glad you're okay and that it was just the shirt that didn't fair so well, although what a cute shirt it was. You're right though, it could have been a lot worse. A shirt can be replaced, but your skin-not so much. Especially not without a scar! That probably scared your kids and hubby to death!
I would have panicked, dropped to the floor and started rolling!
Holy moly! I would have done the same thing- sworn Kolby to secrecy and then blabbed on the internet. Some stories are just too good! Glad you're ok.
Oh my gosh!! I am really glad you're ok, but I have to admit, I started laughing out loud as I read this just because of the picture going through my head. I probably exaggerated it a bit, but that's just how I think i guess.
Bummer, it looked like a cute shirt.
I feel the same....DON'T hate me but it is your fault for writing so well! I laughed because you made it a funny situation!! I can only imagine calm and collected to "I am on FIRE" ha ha ha! I love you!! It's kind of like when I was walking down the stairs after it snowed and I slipped on the ice that was frozen on our steps and flew down the steps. I was embarrassed in fear the neighbors heard so I crawled in the house. Oh the things we do!! ha ha ha
Post a Comment