This year, just like last year, we headed up to Young for the 4th. It was a good time with family and there was an added bonus this year...the kids were staying there for a few days after the holiday weekend while Jon and I went to Vegas! On the 4th we drove up to Heber and enjoyed delicious bar-b-que at the Seminary building. Having a father-in-law who is a Branch President has it's advantages! :) Emma dressed up this year. She always wants to wear dress ups, so any occasion where she can...she will. I decided to make her a festive red, white and blue tutu. She loved it and it was really easy to make. We had front row seats to the fireworks show. We were there quite early, so the kids danced, hung out and collected rocks. The fireworks were great! Derrick instantly bonded with his cousin Jenny and sat on her lap for the entire show! I love covering up with blankets watching fireworks on the 4th of July! So much better than sweating it out in the valley's 100 degree weather. And of course, I am thankful to live in this wonderful country. I feel truly blessed and am thankful for those who have given and are still giving their lives for freedom.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I too am greatfull for our freedom in this country. Where else in the world do you have such a loving government to inject their political agenda into every aspect of our lives through regulations and control. Freedom, socialism, communism...Im not so sure I see the difference any more. Anyways...happy 4th! at least the fireworks were cool.
Post a Comment