Saturday night we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood for the first time since we have lived here. Earlier in the day Derrick twisted his ankle a little and was limping all day so he was a bit of a crippled skeleton in the stroller. He is fine, and it was almost easier to have him in the stroller so we could go faster! The kids were tired after 3 streets, so we had them home, showered and in bed by 8pm. Not bad after they were eating candy all day and night! It was a fun night, but I'm glad I do not have to dress any more kids up for another year!




Sunday, November 01, 2009
Happy Halloween!!
We had a fun Halloween this year and the kids were so excited that they got to wear their costumes 3 days in a row! Thursday night was our ward Trunk or Treat, Friday was Emma's school party and of course Saturday was Halloween. This year Emma was a bat and Derrick was a green skeleton. If you know Derrick you know this is perfect for him, since he is obsessed with the color green. I was trying to talk him into being Frankenstein, but then he saw the green skeleton costume at the store and it was all over! I think Emma's costume this year has been my favorite of hers so far. It was really cute and fun! Thursday was fun and it gave us a good run through with the costumes. Jon got Derrick ready...makeup and all. He had a mask with his costume which he wore on Halloween, but not for Trunk or Treat.


Emma's school party went well. Surprisingly, Derrick did really good just playing cars at the table I was at for 2 hours. I was in charge of face painting, which was really just using makeup sticks that were very hard to work with. Thank goodness kindergartners are easy to please!
Derrick in his corner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
CUTE costumes!!!! 3 days of dressing up is alot! I had 2 with Sam & after the first day the face paint I used made his face break out! so that was that- glad you had a good Halloween :)
Awww, love those costumes. Emma's tights are so cute.
Emma's costume is so darling! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
I was only logging on to make fun of the kids costumes, but...they really arent that bad.
Your kids are so stinking cute! I love the costumes.. Precious!!!
Post a Comment