Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am posting this a little late, but we did have a good Thanksgiving this year. We went up to Young to spend it with Jon's family. The kids were so excited and I was very excited for smoked turkey! Jon has been into frying a turkey the last couple of years, but I knew his dad would smoke one. (Jon fried one also) It was a great weekend where we were able to just relax and have a good visit. It was a little hard for me to not be any where near a store on Black Friday, but I survived! :) I did do a little shopping online and bought myself an iPod touch for Christmas. Jon and I decided to buy for ourselves this year. He wanted a new bow and I wanted an iPod, so it worked out. I absolutely love it! On Thanksgiving Emma wanted to tell everyone what she was thankful for because they made special bags at school that had turkey feathers where they were suppose to write what they were thankful for and put it inside the bag. My favorite was when she said she was thankful for polka dots! She worked very hard on her project and it was cute to hear her tell all the things she loved and was thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

The kids having fun outside...





The boys having fun outside (frying the turkey)...




The kids had their own fancy table that they thought was so special...


Emma loves olives...(I still remember my brother teaching me to do that!)


The beautiful table...


Carving the turkey...


Emma and Derrick cuddling with Grandma watching t.v.


This is what I am most thankful for...


Emma had a little Thanksgiving Feast at school on Wednesday. They sang songs and had treats. She was a Pilgrim and told me all about them!

No comments: