Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Snow at Grandma and Grandpa's
A couple days after Christmas we headed up to Young. There was a little bit of snow on the ground in Young, but we stopped on the way home where there was more to let the kids play. When we got there, Grandma and Grandpa had gifts for the kids. Grandma had made them pajamas and slippers. Derrick's were green frogs and Emma got a pink nightgown...perfect! Derrick refuses to go to sleep unless his green slippers are on his feet! They were wonderful gifts especially because they were handmade by Grandma. It's hard to write this right now because Louise isn't doing good at all. This trip will end up being the last time the kids and I were able to visit with her. Jon is there right now with his brothers and sisters and Louise is only expected to live a couple more days, if even that. For those who don't know, Louise is Jon's step mom and she has been battling cancer for several years. She is an amazing woman and we love her very much! As we were leaving Louise told me in a happy voice, "I had a good time." Even though I knew she was not feeling well and she laid down most of the time we were there, I know she was glad to see the grandkids and I am very thankful they got to see her one last time. So here are our snow pictures from Young, where I am sending all my love right now.

















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Crys- I'm so sorry to hear that. I know this a hard time for you & I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. Love you
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and John's family too...
I am just kicking myself for not being on the computer this week.. I am so glad you had a chance to see her and spend time with her. I am so sorry to hear about her death. She has always been Ricks Angel. No matter how many years between each visit. She was so sweet and loving with a smile on her face...
Post a Comment