Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Derrick!!

Derrick celebrated his 4th birthday on March 23rd. It's hard to believe our baby is 4 years old! He keeps asking if he is still 4! :) We had his all day celebration when we went to Golfland, but he and I still had some fun on his actual birthday. We went to Sweet Tomoatoes for lunch and to Build-A-Bear Workshop. He chose a dog at Build-A-Bear, which he named spot for the spot on his eye. After we got home I made his birthday cake. For those who know Derrick well, you know he LOVES the color green and anything that is green. So, his birthday cake was green! He wanted a green cake with green sprinkles. I say it every time I make a cake, but I really need to learn how to decorate cakes better. But luckily a 4 year old is pretty easy to please. We had the table set for his birthday with the cake on it, then we had to wait for daddy to get home from a work trip he was on. I was in the other room doing something when I came out and caught a glimpse of the cake and noticed little finger prints and holes poked in it. Then I found the culprit. Derrick had a green face and green hands! I was mad , then I laughed, then I took a picture because it was pretty funny. Derrick felt bad (you'll see from his face in the picture). He thought he was in more trouble than he was. Once Jon got home (around 7:30pm which is bedtime) Derrick opened presents and we had green cake and mint ice cream. Emma was so excited to give Derrick the present she picked out for him. It was Stanley the Train from Thomas. In the picture you can see Emma looking more excited than Derrick when he opened it! He got some other small presents and we ate cake and ice cream and called it a night. He said he had a great birthday. We sure love our Bubba!!

Build-A-Bear Workshop...




They made him a special birthday sticker with is name and age on it at Build-A-Bear and gave him some Easter candy. He felt pretty special!

Lunch and ice cream at Sweet Tomatoes

The green cake before it was destroyed

And after!

The birthday boy caught "green handed"!


Emma was very pleased with her present to Derrick

"Happy Birthday to you..."

Make a wish!

YUM!

A new Thomas move from Grandma and Grandpa Clark

Legos from Grandma and Grandpa Trafzer

No comments: