Thursday, March 01, 2012

Derrick's 6th Birthday Party

With the baby coming on March 2nd I was trying to figure out the best way to let Derrick have a birthday party. He's never had a friend party and I really wanted him to be able to have one this year. I thought about just leaving Jon in charge, but then decided why not just do it a month early. I started getting grand ideas of a way cute Superhero party. But then reality set in and I realized I would not be up to anything big a week before the baby was born. So we decided he could invite some friends to go to Freestone park to ride the rides and play. Derrick was so excited. He invited Ryker, Brigham, Finely and Addi. We picked up all the kids kids and headed off to the park. It was a really warm day for February. I felt bad that some of the kids looked like they were sick by the end of the 2 hours and 3 of them fell asleep in the car on the way home. We were also sad that the train broke down so the kids couldn't ride it. But they seemed to have fun riding the rides, feeding the ducks goldfish crackers and playing at the park. Instead of messing with a cake I made rice crispy treats with M&M's. Derrick didn't even like them so that was a flop! Oh well! You will see Derrick by Finley in almost every picture. He tells me she is his "girlfriend" and he wants to marry her. :) She's a doll! He loved all his presents and I'm glad we were able to have a party for him. Happy early birthday to our Bubba!

Derrick and his friends

Derrick and Finley riding the jet ski ride

The carousel

Derrick and the girls riding the ferris wheel

Emma rode with the boys

Eating a snack, waiting for the train...only to find out it was broken down! :(

Presents...







We had a hard time keeping the candles lit, but we did our best!

Make a wish!

Having a race!

No comments: