Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!

Emma had a great birthday on Tuesday! I can't believe she is 4! My friend said the other day that she thinks 4 is a sad year because they are not really toddlers anymore...they become big kids! And looking at Emma I can see that. She starts pre-school soon and I couldn't believe I had to go buy a backpack for my little girl! When she woke up on her birthday and I wished her happy birthday she asked when her friends were coming over! No friends, but she had a couple visitors and lots of birthday phone calls! Aunt Crystal and her cousins called to wish her a happy birthday and Grandma and Grandpa Brenay called and sang to her and Aunt Annie called and all I heard was Emma singing "Happy Birthday to me" on the phone to her! :) In the morning Grandma and Grandpa Clark came over and gave Emma her present...a new blanket and pillow that Grandma made. It is beautiful and Emma loves it! On Sunday Grandma and Grandpa Trafzer came over to bring Emma her present...a Snow White dress-up and crown and a Snow White doll! She felt just like a princess dancing around in it that night! She wore it all day on Monday!


Emma's new blanket!

Emma got to eat her favorite meal for dinner...Hawaiian Haystacks (rice, chicken, gravy, cheese and pineapple!)

Emma also helped me make cookies to take to her dance class. Here she is enjoying hers!

Present time from mom and dad!

Her favorite gift was a new piggy bank. She has been asking for one for months! Derrick broke her old one. We were able to fix it, but she didn't use it because I didn't want it to brake again!

Emma also got a Cinderella puzzle. She did pretty good putting it together.

Another favorite was a Strawberry Shortcake doll. Here are the kids trying to smell her hair! Emma asks everyone if they want to smell Strawberry Shortcakes hair! It actually smells pretty good and reminds me of being a kid! I loved Strawberry Shortcake!

Emma showing off that she is 4! She always finds the most "creative" way to show how old she is on her fingers. When she was 2 it was the "loser" sign!

Dad was being silly with the kids. They thought it was so funny when he would do this to them!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!!

No comments: