Sunday, January 25, 2009

Black-Eye & Build-A-Bear!

Last Saturday Jon took the kids for a ride on his "Vroom Vroom" (that's what the kids call his quad). Derrick was sitting up front and as they hit a bump, so did Derrick's eye! Jon said he didn't think it was that bad. Derrick is actually a pretty tough kid! They came in from their ride and Derrick told me he hit his eye. At first I didn't get a close look, and then I saw the giant bump in the corner of his eye! It looked like a large pea was under his skin. But Jon was a good dad and cleaned it up for him. But, as you can imagine it turned into quite the black eye and Derrick was very proud of it. These pictures were taken on Tuesday after it had a while to fester! Derrick was washing his hands in the bathroom that day and said "Mom, I got a cool black eye, it's a good one!" It didn't bother him too much!
On Friday the kids and I went to lunch with Grandma Trafzer. We were going out to San Tan Mall (mainly so I could go get a style number on a watch I want for Valentine's Day! I'm subtle right?!). But I decided since we were going there I would take the kids to Build-A Bear Workshop. They had never been before and I thought it would be a nice treat for them. Emma picked out a Hello Kitty and Derrick picked out a green dinosaur (are you surprised?!). Derrick named his dinosaur Rex, but when he says it it sounds more like Shrets. Grandma was nice enough to buy some clothes for Rex and Hello Kitty. The kids had a lot of fun and they both love their new toys and sleep with them every night! After Build-A-Bear we went to lunch at Paradise Bakery! The kids like going there and eating mac and cheese and cookies! It was a fun day!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

What fun! I love hello kitty's head. : )

Momma Dianna said...

Ouuu...poor kid! That's funny that Derrick was proud of his shiner! Little boys are so cute! I love the new things Build-A-Bear is always coming out with too!