

With Emma's dance recital being last night, I feel bad that we didn't do much for Jon for Father's Day this year. I had an idea to get him a Bass Pro Shop gift card and then tell him it was to buy the kids some fishing poles and we would take a family camping trip. That shows how much I love my husband because I do not camp! Well, once I realized I would not get over to get his gift card I told him yesterday that was his gift. He was happy about it. Then this morning Emma woke up sick, so Jon went to Sacrament meeting and then I went to teach my Primary class. (Emma is doing better, I think she was just a little exhausted, we had a busy weekend.) So, while Jon was at church I had Emma fill out a "Best Dad in the World" Certificate to give to him when he came home. It was a fill in the blanks certificate and I was cracking up as Emma was telling me what to write. It went like this...
My dad, "Jon", is the best dad in the world because he really knows how to "hunt" and always gives me "a love and kiss". Every morning he "goes to work" and that makes me "happy"! Whenever I need "love", my dad always "makes me feel better" and he never "goes on a trip for SIX days" (since Jon just recently went on 2 separate trips that were each 5 days!). His biggest talent is "hunting" and he can "race" like no one else. One day I hope I can "plant a garden" just like him! I love when we "ride his Vroom Vroom" together because I feel "happy" just being around him. Whenever we go on vacation he "plays games on his phone" and is the best "at taking showers" around. I don't know how I'd "play" without him. I want him to know "that I love him" because he's "my daddy"! And that's why my dad is the best dad in the world!
Derrick gave Jon one of his favorite candy bars and we called it good for Father's Day. I feel like Jon got shorted but I think he knows how much we truly love him and appreciate everything he does for our family! We love you lots and lots daddy!
1 comment:
that little fill in the blank thing was super cute :) We all got sick around here yesterday too :( Must be soemthing going around!
Post a Comment