Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Tooth Fairy Time!
The dreaded day finally came! For those who don't know...when Emma was about 15 months old she chipped her front tooth when she fell on the tile.
I was devastated back then knowing that she would lose that tooth sooner than she should. We went to a great pediatric dentist who did a pulpotomy just before Emma turned 2 and then built the tooth up so it didn't look cracked.
Basically the tooth was dead and he said it would eventually fall out. Or worst case if it became infected again it would need to come out. Fast forward 3 years later (almost to the day it was fixed) and the tooth needed to come out. On Sunday I noticed Emma's gums looking really red and it almost looked like a little pus pocket on the gums. I knew what that meant. I called the dentist first thing Monday morning and they got her right in. So right after swim lessons we rushed to the dentist. He said it was definitely time to come out. I was not back there for the procedure, but they gave her some nitrous oxide and a numbing shot and "wiggled", as they say, the tooth out. They brought her out to me with a mouth full of gauze and a pretty purple purse. She was good! Although she didn't look too good in this picture!
I couldn't wait to get home and take the gauze out so I could see my toothless little girl. When I first saw her I thought how she looked so cute with her tooth missing. I teared up a bit, but Emma was so excited! 
She ran back to the mirror to look at herself and had to call all of her grandmas to share the news. I constantly catch her sticking her tongue through her new hole. She was especially exited for the Tooth Fairy to come visit! I told her that since it was her first tooth the Tooth Fairy would bring her a present, but every other tooth after that she would get money. (I felt bad can you tell?!) So when she went to bed last night she put her little pink treasure chest that the dentist gave her with her tooth in it under her pillow.

This morning Emma came running in my room and said that there was nothing under her pillow and she didn't think the tooth fairy left her anything. I told her maybe it was too big to fit under her pillow (even though it was RIGHT by her her bed!) and she should go look in her room again. Let the excitement begin! She got a My Little Pony Ponyville play set. Her cousin has these and she has been begging for one. She was so happy and has played with it all day! The Tooth Fairy also left her a card which Emma was very excited about!
So Emma will have a hole in her mouth for several years, but she is still our sweet Emma and looks cute even toothless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
wow! I hope your tooth fairy finds our house someday!
Love your new layout!!! So cute! My blog has been put on the back burner since school started. I'm seeing Ponyville in my future after the girls play together on Friday.
She is too cute!! What a trooper. And what a sweet gift!!
Wow, your tooth fairy is nicer than ours! Our kids only get $2 :) And it won't be several years.. lots of kids loose teeth before kindergarten or while in kinder. Umm accepted Brinkers :) She is starting to feel left out :)
I the toothless grins are the cutest! Now I feel cheap cause I only gave Tabby $0.50 from the fairy!
Ahhh...that sucks about her tooth, but at least she pulls off the missing tooth look perfectly. She's too cute! And I bet all the anxiety was worth the great tooth fairy gifts!
"Thats why Dad named you Joe Dirt!"
She is adorable with or without her front tooth. : ) I'm with Julia- I wish my tooth fairy had been so great! : )
She is so cute!! I can't believe she lost a tooth already.. Boy that tooth fairy is sure nice.. I better not tell my kids...
What a cute card too.
The darn tooth fairy has actually forgotten to come to our house & had to leave extra the next night with a letter explaining!!!
Crystal: She looks so much like her dad! Cute post!
Post a Comment