Our Christmas Eve started by me deciding we had to get out of the house for the day after being couped up for 4 days! So we made some gooey butter cookies and took them to Jon's work. We first met him and Ron at Rosa's for lunch and then went to the office for a bit. I finally got to meet Jon's not-so-new anymore boss and the kids loved all the attention they got around the office. That night we read from the Bible and then Emma told us "Twas the Night Before Christmas". She had made pictures at school to go with the story and she actually had a lot of it memorized!




After the stories it was time to open the traditional pajamas! Derrick got Lightning McQueen, Emma got Hello Kitty, I got polka dots and Jon got the usual plaid!






Derrick wanted to be wrapped up!
After the pajamas were opened, Grandma and Grandpa Trafzer came over to bring the kids their presents. Emma got a Dora Links doll. It is pretty cool. She connects to the computer and you can play games in the virtual world. You can even change the color of Dora's eyes, jewelry, make-up and make her hair grow! Yes, it is a little creepy, but Emma absolutely loves it! Derrick got a basketball hoop. We made him close his eyes while it was brought in and even though the look on his face looks like he is a little frightened by it, he was actually really excited and played with it the rest of the night!





After the kids went to bed Jon's brothers came over to help him put the rest of the swing set together. Then the stockings were hung, the presents were out, Santa's cookies were eaten and Christmas was about to come!


1 comment:
I love your hair like that! I am so sorry you guys were sick. We have had it going around here too like crazy...
I have to tell you before I forget. I lOVED your Christmas picture. Your kids could be models they are so adorable & cute. You dress Emma so stinking cute. I loved her outfit. I wish my girls would stay clean & all cute....
Post a Comment