Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Ode to Emma's Hair!

Last night I did something crazy...I cut 7 inches off of Emma's hair! I shed a few tears, but she couldn't stop smiling. I suggested it about a month ago and it's all she's been talking about since then. I told her we had to wait until after her recital so she could wear it in a side curly ponytail for the recital. So, last night as soon as we got home I cut it. It took Emma's hair a very long time to grow from when she was a baby. I have never cut more than 1/2 an inch off at a time. She looks cute with short hair, but I'm already thinking she will grow it back out! Maybe it will grow in a little thicker! Jon was even a little sad when I cut it last night. But I tell people this all the time..."It's only hair, it will grow back!" So here is my slide show tribute to Emma's hair and the pictures of her hair cut from last night!







3 comments:

Denmark Family said...

Emma,
You look soooo cute!!! I love your haircut!

kellibattraw said...

She is so stinkin' cute! : ) I love the new hair!

Momma Dianna said...

I pretty much cried when we did the total hair chop for the first time on my Lexie Lou and you went even shorter than I did! Emma looks darling though, cute as a button no matter how her hair is!