Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was my birthday and it was a great day! I "ruined" it a couple days ago when I had a message from a client that wanted their hair done today and Jon said, "You shouldn't work on your birthday!". I said, "Why? You're working right?!" Then Jon got all flustered and said I blew the surprise and he had to tell me that he took the day off and we were dropping the kids off at his moms and going to breakfast and a movie...something different! I was excited I thought it was a cute idea to change it up and not just go to dinner! This morning Jon got the kids ready and off we went to eat at Cracker Barrel and watch "Get Smart". Before we left he gave me a card with his credit card in it saying that the air miles were mine to use to go to Washington and see my brother and sister who live there! I was so happy...what a great present! I don't even have to take the kids! :) Just a weekend alone! I can't wait to book my trip! It has been almost a year since I have seen my sister and my brother moved there in December and I haven't seen him since then. I got money and a Visa card from my parents and in-laws, so I am going to buy a watch with it...I just can't decide which watch to buy! I felt very loved today and received many birthday wishes. I am grateful for wonderful family and friends! After dinner tonight I decided I wanted one more thing for my birthday...Bahama Bucks! So off went and here is me and the kiddos getting ready to eat some delicious shaved ice! And Jon is such a trooper because he hates Bahama Bucks, but it was MY birthday! :)

2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

yeah!! Happy Birthday Crystal!! Glad you had a good day :) I love birthdays!!!

kellibattraw said...

Happy late birthday Crystal. I was thinking of you on that day! Don't ask me how I actually remember it was your birthday, considering I pushed my memory out with my baby. : )