Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Star Light, Star Bright"...Emma's Wish!



Last night Emma, Derrick and I were on our way home from my parent's house and Emma, looking out the window, said "Mom, I see a star!". So, I decided to teach her the Star Light song.
"Star Light, Star Bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight."
Then I told her to close her eyes and make a wish. We did this 3 times in the car on the way home (she thought it was great fun) and she had me in tears. It was just so sweet I asked her to do it for the camera when we got home. Each time it changed a little, but she always wanted to go to the star and see Jesus, Mila and President Hinkley and play with them. One of her wishes she said, "...and dance and be happy and always stay there"! I like how in the video she wants to "share nice, and do chores"! She is my little sweet heart and this definitely melted my heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I want to make this kind of wish too...I sure love her and you guys, MISS you terrible!! We love you. Blake and Andi

kjkabm said...

This is the sweetest thing ever!!

The Romero family said...

Oh my goodness, that is so precious. Good Mommy getting it on video.