Last Tuesday Emma's preschool class had a field trip to the Mesa Southwest Museum (better known as the dinosaur museum). The kids have been looking forward to this since the beginning of the school year! I have not been to that museum since I was a kid, so it was fun for me to go again. Emma and Derrick had a blast! Emma loved that she got to see "real" crystals (both kids are really into rocks) and Derrick liked the miniature town enclosed in glass that was in the mine because it had a train. The museum had a special poop exhibit! Yes, a poop exhibit! It was both really gross and informative! :) There was a section on Mars and "The Old West". Emma and Derrick got to stand behind a wall and on the other side you could see them in an old western film. They liked being on t.v.! The kids also liked panning for gold. Emma found 2 pretty good size pieces. In the gift shop they both picked out snakes to take home. Emma's was rainbow sparkly and Derrick's was orange and purple. After the museum we went to one of my favorite places to eat from back in the day. When I worked downtown I used to eat at Sweetcakes almost everyday! They have the best sandwiches and bread bowls and my favorite...giant oreo cookies! I realized it is a good thing I don't live anywhere neat that place anymore or I would weigh twice as much as I do now! But, it was a nice splurge!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like the dino museum trip was a winner! My kids had a lot of fun there two weeks ago too! Fun, fun!
I love that museum, and your cute kids!
I remember taking my boys their when they were that age. I haven't been with my girls. I forgot all about it. Great pictures
Post a Comment