Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday!

On Sunday The kids woke up to their Easter baskets filled on the couch. Then we were off to church. Jon and I both had to teach that day. It was my last time teaching Relief Society. Starting this week I am the new CTR 5 teacher. That is Emma's age group, but not her class. It should be fun. I have never been a primary teacher before, so I'm sure new experiences lie ahead! After church we talked about what the kids learned and tried to focus on the real reason for Easter. Emma knew all about the Resurrection and that Jesus lives! I'm glad she listens in church! We decided to have our own easter egg hunt in the backyard after nap time. The kids got more quarters and some more candy. That night we invited my dad over for spaghetti. Not a fancy Easter dinner, but my mom was out of town and we wanted him to have dinner with us, so we made what we had. It was good (Jon makes fantastic spaghetti!). Happy Easter!



This was their reaction to seeing their Easter baskets on the couch!

Nothing says Easter like Peeps! (I personally think they are the most disgusting candy ever invented...but the kids love them!)

One big mouthful of Peeps!

Easter Egg hunt!

3 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

peep hater!!!! I just had a stale one today... nothing better :)

Bren's Life said...

I teach the 5-6 yr olds. It's fun, most of the time. If you need lesson helps go to. Crap I just went totally blank..
Let me look & I'll tell ya. I use that web site every week for creative ideas.

Bren's Life said...

www.sugardoodle.com
I love that site! You can look up for your exact lesson & ideas for it..