Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa & What's Going On!

Today was Grandpa Trafzer's birthday! We invited them over to have dinner with us and Kevin and Stevi. The kids were just excited to go play outside as soon as dinner was over! So, while all the boys went shopping for gun scopes, the girls played outside with the kids! Emma had a brand new bucket of sidewalk chalk the she has been begging to play with! She has started writing her name and is doing a pretty good job for a 3 year old! The "E" is the most recognizable, but you can tell the effort is there! We are all doing great! Jon just received an award from work called the "My Laureate Award"! It is a very high honor to be awarded with this and the awards banquet is in Hershey, PA! The company pays for the recipient and spouse to fly there and stay at a resort hotel! They provide all the meals and vouchers for fun! I am excited to get lost in a spa that offers chocolate treatments! It looked as if I may not be able to go when I saw that airline tickets for the kids were $400 a piece! But, through the generosity of a wonderful mother, I am able to go and support my husband while my mom stays with the kids! (Thank you mom!) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and honor for Jon and I am so happy for him! We have truly been blessed as of late! I have been extremely grateful for our blessings! I have a wonderful husband and 2 great kids that make me smile everyday and I love them dearly!






1 comment:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I guess you wrote this post before Emma threw up all over everything? - glad to hear you are all well :)