Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all! I had a great mother's day! I was not expecting any presents, but Jon surprised me! He made breakfast, crepes my favorite, and gave the kids a bath! Then he called the kids back to help make their beds and they came out with cards and a present for me! The cards were so cute! Jon helped them put stickers and color on them! He even got into my scrapbook box to get stuff for the cards! I loved and appreciated the effort that went into these beautiful cards! I am so excited about my present! It's a remote start for my car!! I have been asking for this for 2 years! I can't wait to get it installed! Just in time for the heat to come! Around 10:30 am Jon's parents, Rick and Louise, and his brother, Sean came over! It was good to see them and to wish Louise a Happy Mother's Day! She looked good, and that was a present all in itself! We went to church and the kids were surprisingly good! Derrick stayed on the bench most of Sacrament Meeting, which is new record! He was a little noisy, but I am happy he stayed sitting down! After church we had my mom and Jon's mom and step dad over, along with Ron and Rachel. We had a delicious dinner and had a nice time visiting! I closed my evening by reading Elder Ballard's talk from General Conference on Mothers! It was a terrific way to end the day! I am so honored to be a mom and I am thankful for all the wonderful examples of moms in my life! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: