Last week Emma gave her first talk in Primary! The topic was families! We practiced and practiced at home and she was so excited to give her talk. She even helped me write it by telling what she liked about her family! Here is what we came up with...
"Heavenly Father planned for me to come to a family because he loves me and wants me to be happy. This is a picture of my family. I like to have fun and play games with my family. I like being a big sister and helping my brother. Every night before bed we read scriptures and have family prayer. I like doing this because it makes Heavenly Father and Jesus happy and it makes my family happy too. I love my family and I am thankful that we can be together forever."
Grandma Clark even came to hear Emma. When the time finally came I went up to help her. You could not hear a word that came out of her mouth! I kept whispering,"Talk louder!" but, it didn't seem to help! Oh well! She's only 3! At least she stood in front of everyone and tried!
Yesterday at church during the Sacrament, we were sitting quietly waiting for the bread and Emma whispers rather loudly, "Hey kid, we're over here!" to one on the young men passing the Sacrament! She wanted her bread right then! I couldn't help laughing! Then during Primary, I was heading down the hall to go to Sunday School and saw Jon standing by the Primary room. He said, "Come look at your daughter!" I peeked through the window and there was Emma in the front row, laying across 2 chairs on her stomach, with her feet up in the air and no shoes on! I was so embarrassed! We had a long talk after church! I asked her in the car how she was acting during Primary and she said,"Tired"! So, we talked about respect, while I was trying not to laugh! I then asked her what she learned in class and she told me she learned about her body! Then said very matter-of-factly, "Mom, Jesus bought our bodies for us!" Needless to say, we got a lot of laughs out of Emma yesterday...the joy of a 3 year old!
1 comment:
thanx for your stories :) You make me excited to be a mom!
Post a Comment