The dots were on and Emma was set.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Emma Gets Her Ears Pierced!
A few weeks ago I asked Jon if he would mind Emma getting her ears pierced. My niece who is a little older than Emma got hers done and I had been thinking about it anyway. So, after getting dads approval we were off to the mall. Before we left we had along talk with Emma about what it would feel like to get her ears pierced. She was excited but also a little reluctant. She was also determined she would not cry. We got to the store and Emma took her seat on the chair after picking out some sparkly earrings. There was only one girl working who was trained in piercing so she had to have them done one at a time. While we were waiting Emma pointed out some big pink hoop earrings and asked if she could wear those! I told her not for a long time!
The dots were on and Emma was set.
Then came the first earring and this...the saddest little face I have ever seen. She really tried hard not to cry, but she couldn't help it.
She calmed down almost immediately and was fine once the girl gave her a lollipop and she knew we were going to get ice cream!
Derrick was excited to get the reward for watching Emma get her ears pierced! :) She loves her earrings and shows them off to everyone. She can't wait until it is time to change them.

The dots were on and Emma was set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok, you truly have the cutest kids ever. What a big girl she is!!
That is so cute & sad.. That face breaks your heart but then the reward is so worth it!!! I wish my girls would of handled it like that... Allie's have closed up & I don't know if I want to have it redone...
Her earrings look so cute! She must have really wanted them if she let her do her 2nd ear after feeling that pain!! :)
Post a Comment