Yesterday morning did not start out good! Derrick was throwing a huge fit about eating his breakfast and after 3 days of that for every meal...I lost it! I just started crying when he wouldn't eat! Well, then he kept saying, "OK Mama, OK?!" I know I shouldn't cry in front of my kids, but this time it got Derrick to eat because he could see I was sad and he was concerned about me being ok! He started eating and I calmed down! Then around 8:45am Jon called, as he usually does around this time. He asked how things were going and I said "Good" then he said very calmly,"I just got promoted!" "WHAT?!" I was so happy for him! He said he was still in shock! His official title, starting on the 16th of this month, will be Senior Manager! We knew there was a possibility of a position like this opening up in the near future, but it was definitely a surprise when it happened so suddenly! Jon is very excited, this will open up new opportunities for him in the future! I told Jon we were going to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate, because that is where we usually end up when we have something to celebrate! He was not thrilled that I brought the camera and insisted on taking pictures! Can you tell by his face?! Oh well, that's Jon! He does not like pictures! But I wanted to remember this night, which actually was one of the worst Cheesecake Factory experiences we have ever had! It took 45 minutes to get our food (on a Monday night when they were not busy at all!) and then we ordered cheesecake to go and that took about 10 minutes to get! When we got home we discovered that they gave us the wrong cheesecake! We were pretty upset! I called and talked to the manager! She was very apologetic and got my name and address and said she would send a gift card out right away! So, at least we will get a free meal out of it! But, anyway...CONGRATS to my hubby!
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
some days I feel like crying too!!! That is so awesome that Jon got promoted! Congrats :)
Post a Comment