Monday, December 22, 2008

Emma's Dance Recital


Among other things on Saturday, it was Emma's Christmas recital. My friend, Jenny, took Emma to dress rehearsal that morning because it overlapped the time of Andrea's wedding. So, thank you Jenny!! Emma was still coughing that morning, but assured me she was all better and ready to dance in the recital. We rushed to get there in time so Jon dropped me and Emma off at the front so I could hurry Emma back to get her costume on. Emma was walking behind me when I heard a big THUD followed by Emma's uncontrollable crying. I turned around and came to the conclusion that Emma was not watching where she was walking and hit her eye on a car mirror. I went and picked up our tickets and just as we were walking by the bathrooms Emma started to throw up because she was still crying so hard! GREAT! We ran into the bathroom and she finished her business in there and then I took her back to get her costume on. She assured me she was not sick and only threw up because she was crying. Luckily she just got a little bit on her leotard and tights! Her group was second to dance in the recital and I immediately went and picked her up backstage so we could go to Andrea's wedding reception. She was a lot more chipper after the dance. She did pretty good, but didn't seem to know this dance as well as some of the others she has done, but it was still pretty darn cute! And a little side note...in the video they all run to the back of the stage where there is a chimney and Santa pops out, but Jon didn't get that!



1 comment:

Tawnya said...

How can a sick little girl be so darn cute!???